About

St Margaret of Scotland

Catholic Church

The Catholic Church of St Margaret of Scotland is a parish within the Archdiocese of Southwark.  The Parish has a congregation of some 300 Catholics from different parts of the globe.  St Margaret's parishioners have a strong Christ-centered bond which reflects the Catholic Faith and the love between Christ and His Church.

 

The Parish is committed to the Mission of Archdiocese of Southwark currently led by His Grace, Most Reverend John Wilson, who shepherds with his two auxiliary bishops.  St Margaret's is with the Sutton Deanery under the care of Right Reverend Paul Hendricks.

 

We believe that the love of Christ must be celebrated and shared with members of family, friends, and neighbours.  By so doing salvation would be guaranteed for all.       

MEET OUR PASTORAL TEAM

father uche anthony.jpg
IMG-20201111-WA0001%5B1%5D_edited.jpg
Yumna_edited.jpg
Rev Fr Anthony Uche

Parish Priest

Yumna

Parish Pastoral Council Chair

Gerry McGinley

Parish Pastoral Council Chair

ParishTreasure_edited.jpg
Eamonn O'Domhnaill

Parish Treasurer

Gerald_edited.jpg
Gerald Soane

Finance Committee Chairman 

190%2520Club_edited_edited.jpg
Charlotte Heard

Secretary 180 Club St Margaret

Marian_edited.jpg
Marian Thurley

Gift-Aid Coordinator

Brief Parish  History

Carshalton Beeches Mass Centre was established by Father Frederick Rhead in 1934, and served from Holy Rosary, Sutton, where Father Rhead was Parish Priest. A temporary chapel with a corrugated roof was built at the same time and blessed by Bishop William Brown, then auxiliary bishop in Southwark. It remained “temporary” for forty seven years!